I.H.M. Office: Antonio Gil Ortega. Calle Guadeloupe 5, 1B. 41003. Sevilla. Telephone: 619 956365. E-mail: email@example.com Website:https://instituteforhomoeopathicmedicine.wordpress.com
Is an allopathic qualification essential to being a good homoeopathic practitioner?
After much discussion ~ and based on the reality that most allopathically trained physicians do NOT have a good grasp on the Hahnemannian practice of homoeopathy, we at the IHM have concluded that it is not, and moreover, that bridging the gap between medical and non-medical homoeopaths is an integral part of the therapy’s future.
To this end, we have decided on the following:
- We aim to strengthen the IHM’s presence worldwide, and especially in Spain where its headquarters are located, by continuing as an independent homoeopathic research and teaching association offering international seminars, practitioner training and master classes. We have presented Seminars since 1987 and formed 5 teaching colleges.
- To offer IHM membership to medical and non-medical practitioners, according to IHM’s membership requirements, which will endorse a practitioner as a well trained specialist in homoeopathic medicine regardless of allopathic qualifications. We teach the therapy as per the Organon and do not overlay the writings of Kent or any modern thinking regarding what homoeopathy is.
The IHM Association will comprise of
- Support members. (Non practitioners.)
- Student Homoeopaths
- I.H.M licentiate Homoeopaths (medical and non medical)
Only Licentiate Practitioners, those who have trained with the IHM and have passed the requisite entry requirements for endorsement, will be promoted on the IHM’s official register: http://ihmstaff.boards.net/board/5/licentiate-practitioners
What we offer:
Based on the writings and thoughts of Samuel Hahnemann,
“…I have decided to open here in Leipsic, at the beginning of April, an Institute for Graduated Physicians. In this Institute I shall elucidate in every respect the entire homoeopathic system of healing as taught in the “Organon,” and shall make a practical application of it with patients treated in their presence, and thus place my pupils in a condition to be able to practise this system in all cases themselves. A six months’ course will be sufficient to enable any intelligent mind to grasp the principles of this most helpful science of healing. More detailed conditions will be sent on receipt of a prepaid envelope. Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.Leipsic. 4th December, 1811.”
We took a look at the procedure to train persons to become a homoeopathic physician. Knowing that most people cannot take a 6 months sabbatical (as per Hahnemanns proposal) we have devised a method of seminar attendance and home study that spans one year. This will include:
Details pertaining to the professional one year training course. Leading to Licenciateship with the IHM
- An initial 5 day intensive training session at our Seville Spain faculty. This training will be individualised for new students and practicing consultants.
- A further period of guided home study for several months will follow. There will be Tutor involvement and online meetings. A Final day 5 training session in our Seville faculty with emphasis on case management will conclude the training and lead to registration with the I.H.M. as a licentiate if all requirements are fulfilled.
For Practising consultants:
If in the opinion of the training officers, if is thought that a practitioner is of sufficient knowledge and expertise and practices according to Hahnemanns methods, the IHM will consider awarding a licentiateship after the Primary intensive course.
What we cover in the 5 day intensive.
- A thorough grounding in Hahnemanns methodology and teachings.
- You will see through case analysis how his method of understanding the disease state is superior to any other and allows for an accurate case management program.
- You will see what a ‘miasm’ is and how to take it into account if required.
- You will learn LM or Q potencies and how to use them.
- You will learn rubric understanding of the Therapeutic Pocket Book and see its superiority in case analysis.
- You will have more success in your practice utilizing Hahnemanns directions.
The languages used for teaching are English or Spanish.
(For those in South America, we also have a IHM teaching course in operation: https://institutodemedicinahomoeopaticaamericalatina.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/curso-de-capacitacion-homeopatica-para-principiantes-online-o-semipresencial/
For those in Asia, we have a course for beginners based in Hong kong. http://homeopathyhk.academy/
For those in Israel we have practitioner training.
Contact vera.homeopath@gmail . com
We will consider traveling to a location and conducting the teaching on site for 6 or more students for the 5 day intensive. Contact us to discuss.
We also conduct 2 day seminars in Spain. Contact us to discuss.
The IHM uses primary source materials for all of its teachings. Gary Weaver and Vladimir Polony compiled the SYNOPSIS computer program and spent 3 years working on updating the 1846 Therapeutic Pocket Book by Boenninghausen, to correct errors of insertion, gradings and removing the incorrect additions by Allen. P & W also clarified the outdated English language and revised the terminology yet remained true to the original meaning. The repertory has been translated from the original German (included in the program) to English, Spanish, Italian and Hebrew. More languages will be added as and when.
The officers of the IHM are also the teachers.
Manuel Gutiérrez Ontiveros
Licenciado en Medicina por la Universidad de Sevilla, año 1983
Formación en Homeopatía
Estudios en Homeopatía de México
Máster en Homeoptía por la Universidad de Sevilla
Cursos de especialización en Homeopatía con diversos profesores internacionales
Ejercicio en Homeopatía desde el año 1983
Consulta: Barriada los Príncipes Parcela 7 Bloque 8, Sevilla
Tlf 606 207 345
Antonio Gil Ortega
Licenciado en Medicina por la Universidad de Sevilla en 1982
Formacion en Homeopatia en Mexico D.F. en 1984-85 por el IMHAC
Formación continuada en Homeopatia por diferentes Profesores Internacionales reconocidos.
Acreditación en Medicina Homeopatica por el Real e Ilustre Colegio Oficial de Médicos de Sevilla
Ejercicio Clínico-Homeopatico desde 1983
Consulta: C/ Guadalupe, 5, 1ºB, Sevilla
Isidre Lara i Llobet
Licenciado en Medicina y Cirugía por la Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona en 1980.
Formación en Homeopatía con Homoeopathia Europea con Jacques Imberechts desde 1978, y en cursos de la escuela argentina (Tomás Pablo Paschero, Eugenio Candebabe, …) y mexicana (Proceso Sánchez Ortega). Formación en el método de Alfonso Masi Elizalde en San Sebastián, 1987-1992.
Práctica clínica de medicina homeopática desde 1980; en Palma de Mallorca desde 1984.
Centre de Medicina Homeopàtica de Mallorca. Av. Joan March, nº 8, 5-1. Palma de Mallorca –España.
Tlf.: +34 971 20 65 66 / 658 810 910
Dhom med (Lic) IHM Licencia de Homeopatia Institute for Homoeopathic Medicina U.S.A. 2010.
Degree in Art.
Degree in Music Theory.
Studied Homoeopathy in the Vithoulkas method 1988.
Studied and practiced the Andre Saine method for 8 years.
Trained with the Institute for Homoeopathic Medicine for 4 years.
Semi retired private Practice in Pasadena California. Works for the I.H.M. Administration.
Vera Resnick. Dhom med (Lic) IHM.
BA International Relations, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel 1986
Qualified from Madicin, Tel Aviv, Israel (Homoeopathy) in 2004
Post Graduate studies with David Little 2004-2006
Advanced Clinical Studies with the IHM 2010-
Clinic: 43 Emek Refaim, Jerusalem, Israel
English and Hebrew speaker.