So you have spent a lot of money, invested a couple of years of your life in training, observed several different methods of approach to casetaking and prescribing, now hold your piece of paper and are on your own in the world of homoeopathy.
Feel alone? A sense of being lost? Not confident in your approach and results?
The Institute for Homoeopathic Medicine, established in 1986 is very familiar with your situation. The IHM conducts an average of 7 international seminars a year and many thousands of training hours teaching individuals the Hahnemannian methodology of casetaking and case evaluation through the Therapeutic Pocket Book approach by Boenninghausen.
Due to the multitude of prescribing methods taught, we see the confusion in a graduate many times.
Hahnemann developed a very precise and penetrating case analysis mode for ascertaining the precise sx of the disease state. Modern ‘homoeopathic’ approaches do not utilise ANY of the founders instructions and therefore success in clinical terms is not high on the list. I often hear, “but the patient feels better”… yes, but they still have the problem they came to you with….
Boenninghausen was Hahnemanns most competent student. To the professions benefit, Boenninghausen managed to encapsulate the manner in which Hahnemann examined a case via symptoms, and was able to formulate the process in an invaluable repertorial process known as the Therapeutic Pocket Book.
Vladimir Polony and Gary Weaver undertook to do a re translation work (starting in 2007, completed in 2010/11) into English from the original 1846 edition, thus repairing many of the errors found in Allens version. It is now available in English, Spanish, Italian and Hebrew.
the IHM is offering a special 3 day personal mentoring and teaching weekend with Gary Weaver.
During the month of March 2017 dates:
31st-2nd April inclusive.
The 3 day course is available to both Medically qualified and non medically qualified practitioners.
Based in Sevilla Spain.
ENGLISH language only.
(We can supply a Spanish homoeopathic translator for an extra €150 if required)
There will be a section of the course regarding understanding Materia Medica that will be conducted via Internet with Vera Resnick D.Hom med I.H.M.
What will be included in this 3 day Training.
- All refreshments and snacks.
- Tapas lunch.
The training is dedicated to the study of Hahnemanns methodology for case taking. We do not overlay with Kentian/Swedenborg influences and rely solely on the instructions given by Hahnemann,
This will involve:
- A deep study of the related Organon sections to casetaking.
- A comprehensive analysis of his rationale for understanding what disease is,
- What to look for
- How to complete a symptom
- How to find the expression of the disease in an individual
- How to link symptoms for a complete picture of the disease.
We will demonstrate each step of the process with video and powerpoint and multiple case examples.
We will also:
- Demonstrate Hahnemanns thinking through the analysis process formulated by Boenninghausen in the Therapeutic Pocket Book.
- This work when used correctly, can quickly point to the generals of a case or indeed the specific single symptoms that point to a remedy for use.
- We will examine:
- Causal events
- Organ failure
- Acute diseases
- Chronic diseases.
- Totality treatment in one sided diseases
- How to treat concurrent different diseases.
- Repetition of medicines.
- Alternating remedies.
- LM or Q potencies. How to dose, Repetition, case management and how to deal with aggravations.
- How to read Materia Medica to get the right medicine.
We award a Diploma for attendees and the chance to qualify for I.H.M. membership. http://ihmstaff.boards.net/board/5/licentiate-practitioners
Fees: The course is offered as stated for €750 per person or less if multiple attendees come in a small group.