An I.H.M. case taking seminar is focused on two things.
#1 Examining the directives of Hahnemann.
#Putting them into practice with the patient.
In the 21st century, Homoeopathy as a therapy has moved away from its scientifically rooted origins, and turned into a quasi-psychological/spiritual practice. The benefits of homoeopathy have been reduced by an incorrect application of the methodology in the clinic and thus a high success rate is negated.
It is our experience that the key to a successful practice is the act of following Hahnemann’s directions precisely in ascertaining the symptoms of the disease, to match with the requisite substance that can produce a curative reaction. It is that simple and that difficult.
In the first tentative moments of using homoeopathy, for example, Arnica for bruising, we were amazed at the results, most of us thought the application of applying a remedy for a condition was so simple and truly effective, and as we applied other remedies for other acute conditions, our faith grew in the system.
Then when we entered medical school or an establishment for teaching, we found that the approach we started with suddenly became a little more difficult for chronic cases, and a Kentian overlay on Hahnemann’s directions, introduced a religious/philosophical element regarding life and viewpoints of disease.
The I.H.M. directors, beginning in 1986, with a background in Kentian homoeopathy, decided to devote time to research, and as such delved deep into the archives of history and collated the original teaching of Hahnemann, and weighed everything that is ‘accepted’ in our therapy against Hahnemanns own words and examples to see if we strayed off the path, or indeed if we missed some key points in practice.
The teachers at the I.H.M., Antonio, Manuel, Guillermo, Vera, Arden, all are independent practitioners with their own practice and teaching faculties. Yet we all share the same core research and information distribution in individual ways. (About us)
On June 20th to the 23rd, there will be a four day special seminar aimed specifically at advanced students and practitioners. This seminar will examine the basis of case taking according to Hahnemann, and how to follow his methodology exactly, and in the process removing all the incorrect additions that have been added over the years from practitioners of his time until today.
We will cover the following.
- Rationale and reasoning on Aphorisms §5 and §6. Eliminating the common mistakes that lose the case understanding.
- Utilising the instruction of §153 with the completed case taken with §6 directions.
- What is a prescribing symptom?
- What to ignore in a case taking and why.
- Do we treat the man or the disease?
- Examining the theory of Miasms in the light of modern disease knowledge, and how useful are miasms in prescribing?
- How to obtain the necessary information accurately to formulate a prescription in the shortest time possible.
- The importance of using only well proved remedies.
- How to read a remedy.
- Are there keynotes in a remedy?
- Which repertory to use?
- How to use a repertory properly.
- Case management.
- Potency and how to give a remedy.
- Repetition of remedies.
- And much more. Much more includes questions like, how important is Herings law of cure? I’ve never seen it… How long can I keep a person on a remedy? Dry dosing vs water dosing. Why do my patients aggravate all the time? Should I use LM’s? Are they good?
- We will be examining remedy action through cases, live and paper.
The next international Seminar will be held at:
The Acantus Wellness Centre, หมู่ที่ 3 59/323/1 ซอยแจ้งวัฒนะ-ปากเกร็ด 29 Chaeng Watthana Rd, Pak Kret District, Nonthaburi 11120, Bangkok Thailand.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 02-9829922, 081-4982618 Line ID: Acantus
On the 20th-23rd June 2019.
Flights from Europe start at £380. Hotel accommodation is cheap, Food is very cheap.
We look forward to seeing you there.